Sr. Supplier Vendor Oversight ManagerApply Req ID: oX81cfw2
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Supplier Oversight will provide strategic direction and leadership to the Supplier Oversight department, with primary focus on developing sustainable procedure, training, and quality assurance programs. This department is responsible for overseeing third party relationships (including Suppliers and Dealerships) at an enterprise level in order to identify and assess the inherent risks and to review controls to determine residual risk to our company, through initial and ongoing due diligence measures.
- Develops and executes a strategic plan for the Supplier Oversight department in alignment with organizational goals, enterprise-wide risk objectives and audit requirements.
- Coordinates with Risk Team members to support enterprise-wide risk initiatives.
- Engages and coordinates with Compliance and Information Risk areas in the evaluation and execution of department and organization-wide initiatives.
- Liaises with business leadership to ensure visibility to and understanding of key supplier outsource processes. Develops strong relationships with key department heads to ensure supplier management oversight is understood and managed appropriately.
- Oversees management of the risk for supplier and dealer onboarding ensuring appropriate and prudent assessment is completed.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance, develop, and implement a supplier oversight program for the company.
- Manages policy, processes and procedures at the program level for the company. This includes cross functional processing involving different diligence work streams.
- Oversees on-going annual risk reviews and control assurance activity. Engages and coordinates input from responsible areas, as necessary. Advises and supports Supplier and Dealership Managers on risks and controls gaps.
- Ensures the completion of remediation activities with business management, arising from risk assessments and reviews performed.
- Monitors process compliance and provides management information to appropriate stakeholders.
- Liaises with internal and external parties, including auditors and regulators, as it relates to the Supplier Management Oversight Program for the Company.
- Provides reporting to various levels of executive and management forums.
- Leads and develops direct reports (management level).
- Support the leadership and development of all Associates within the Supplier Oversight department.
- Creates, monitors, and analyzes KPIs and KRIs.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned Supervisory Responsibilities: Provides leadership and direction through directors and/or managers and exempt staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Solid risk management experience in technology, business continuity, operational or supplier risk with strong understanding of Supplier Management in a financial services company.
- Business experience - Must have experience in a national, performance-driven organization.
- Process and procedure oriented.
- Solid understanding of the finance industry's regulatory requirements for the managing of third parties (FFIEC, Fed, CFPB etc.)
- Working knowledge of third party contractual terms and conditions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with business partners at the executive level.
- Proven ability to manage issues through to resolution; skilled at making judgment calls
- Ability to successfully multitask and complete difficult assignments within deadlines which may have short lead times
- Ability to influence and persuade senior management and peers to adopt ideas.
- Strong team building, relationship management, and project management.
- Strong business analysis and problem solving skills. Ability to easily manipulate and analyze a broad range data.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Preferences:
- The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer's Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Share what it's like to be part of the Santander TeamWrite A Review